Social media for beginners can be a challenge, today I will be giving some handy tips to help you along when starting your journey on Social Media. If you follow these tips you will be well on your way to becoming the next big Social Media King or Queen!!
The platforms I will include in my blog are;
- Tweet daily and keep your tweeting consistent. If you are going to use a Social Media scheduling tool like Buffer, try to schedule only 20-30% of your content. The remainder has to be organic if your goal is to get engagement and increase your following.
- Include videos, images, GIFs and visuals in your tweets. There tends to be a much higher engagement with these tweets than just text-based tweets.
- Engage with your followers on a regular basis to grow your following and build your personal brand. Offer your followers value without selling to them. Give them ideas, tips, guides, ebooks or even just some great advice!
- Share other people’s content, they will be more likely to reciprocate when you post your content.
- Answer all of the positive AND negative feedback or comments you receive and deal with any questions as soon as you can.
- Show your personality when tweeting! don’t be boring and robotic, be who you are online as you are offline and shine through!
— BlueChief (@BlueChiefSocial) September 19, 2016
- Post daily and again, be consistent. You should try out different variations for posting. For example, try posting at different times of the day, add images and videos to your posts and then monitor and see which posts have been received the best.
- Don’t SELL SELL SELL on Facebook. People in general, use Facebook as a conversational tool with friends, brands and their followers. They don’t usually go to Facebook to buy products and services.
- Make sure you respond to all positive and negative feedback.
- Don’t be afraid to give your opinion on Facebook. Use this platform to have your voice heard. I don’t mean be a total asshole and just give your opinion on every post you see, leaving negative comments for people! I mean speak your mind if you see something that is relevant to you and your beliefs and you think that you can add value to the conversation. Below is an example from my own Facebook profile!!
- Make sure to have your creative hat on when posting on Instagram. People go to this platform to see original, quirky and imaginative content. Posting boring, plain, textual content on Instagram just won’t cut it! It’s all about imagery and visuals. Make your brand beautiful!
- Try to include as many relevant hashtags with your post so that people can find your content. You could possibly create your own unique hashtag!
- When posting, create of series of related vid’s or images. Either post in 3’s, 6’s or 9’s. This will increase your engagement and keeps your followers interested to see what you will do next, create a feeling of anticipation. Herdotie are a good example of this when they used this tactic for best dressed at the recent Leopardstown Races.
- This will be a platform where you can truly be yourself and let your personality shine through, you don’t really have a choice because your snaps move so quickly and you have to make your point in a short space of time.
- Be creative with the features Snapchat has, for example, filters, stickers and bitmojis, I have seen some really great snaps including these.
- Come up with some inventive ways of marketing your product or services. Run competitions, send coupons, have a ‘deal of the day’ etc.
- Snapchat isn’t the easiest when trying to increase your following, so use Ghostcodes to locate people with similar interests that you can follow and they can follow back.
Social Media for Beginners, hope these tips help!!!
So there you go! My tips for starting out on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. You can have some fun with your content and make your brand really stand out. Get people talking about you and wanting to share your content.